Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 14&15

Yesterday...

My lovely friend lost her baby. 11 weeks pregnant.

My other beautiful friend said goodbye to her grandma.

The girl down the road who is heavily into all things awful for you, declared she is pregnant and doesn't care to stop these unhealthy behaviors for "some fetus."

A girl in my church, 23 years old, was given 6 months to live. Cancer. She just got married in February.

I am overwhelmed.
I do not understand.
Nor do I guess I need to.

I am called to trust God during these times.
To pray for my friends, their loved ones, their babies.

But my heart is still broken.

It brings me back to a few days ago, posting about how God is deeply in love with every single person, passionately and relentlessly. And then I realize, that any ache I feel in my heart over these circumstances, His heart aches one million times more. Because God is good. All the time. There is no evil in Him. He does not cause disease, sickness, death. And I truly truly believe that He stands beside us when we are faced with these things, and comforts us, as a Father comforts His child, holding on to us with strong arms and a broken heart for our brokeness. He is a good Father. The best Father. And today, I come to Him broken, bringing these people before Him, people He knows intricately. I do not come assuming He does not know the situations. I come to Him asking to give me the wisdom and the words and the actions needed for each circumstance, since He knows better than I. And I ask Him to bundle these people up in a warm fuzzy parka of His love. It's the only thing, the ONLY thing that can ease the ache in their hearts.

Amen.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amy S said...

Doesnt it seem as if when we hear of one sadness ... another one follows? .... like it comes in a wave.... when really it is happening all over the world EVERY day, every hour, every minute... we just do not know them... but they are no less or more important then the ones we do know of! ... YOU ARE SO RIGHT hunn... all we can do is PRAY .... for the wisdom to know how to handle these situations as they arise! MWAH!

Mama4Real said...

It's so hard to look at times like these and reconcile His promises. He IS good. That's the only thing I can cling to when all of this stuff comes down. But does it say something about my lack of faith and trust that I'm terrified to go get a physical check up done? Because I don't want to find out that I'm one of these people who needs that parka of love? Come back Jesus. We need you.